Friday, April 17, 2009

Tentative run

Yesterday was crazy, no time for anything, but I did manage to pick up my orthotics. Scary big things - have had to re-lace my shoes to miss out the midfoot holes, as otherwise they are too tight.

I went for 10 minutes, as instructed, down by the broad. It was a nice sunny evening, good to be out (added to my wildlife tally with a confused hedgehog stumbling around...), and the running seemed OK. It's obvious that there's something different about my shoes, but it's not necessarily uncomfortable. I guess I might get niggles in odd places as the rest of me gets used to it all - there was a funny twinge on my left ankle at one point, but that could have been random. I'm most worried about getting calf cramp if the shoes remain too tight, as was the problem with the ladies' Sauconys. The big test will be how it feels tomorrow...

After that little warm-up I went to the gym:

15 mins rower - dodgy display that didn't record most of the time, grr
2 x 12 mins stepper, profiles 3 and 5, level 8 rising to 9
pilates exercises - move up to level 2 next time
abs upper and lower

No comments: