Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pushing it

Tough swim session tonight - bearing in mind I haven't been in the water for a week and the last session was at Thetford, it went really well.

I missed a bit of warm up but got 150m in. Kerry put me in lane 2 with Marie so my warm up was not quite as gentle as usual, as I didn't want to hold anyone up!

The main set was 10 x 100m on 2:15. That worried me a bit, as I thought that the other week in the Sportspark I was doing 100m in 2:02 at the very quickest. However, with my watch on intervals, I did the first few in 1:47, 1:51 ish. It certainly felt good. However, after the first 4-5 I began to flag a bit and so did a few at the back of my lane, still coming in around 1:58-2:02 though. If I could keep that pace up I would be under 8 mins for my 400m - possibly unlikely but I hope to shave some off my 8:46 from last time.

After that it was drills and then a couple of fun relay sprints to round off.

No comments: