Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chop and change

Original schedule: 45 min run with 20 mins building to race pace
Swapped for Thursday: 55 min cycle with 3 x 6 min @ race pace

Actual: 53 min cycle with 3 x 6 min @ 20mph+

Out around the Ketteringham loop. Must have been a fairly tough session as my legs were getting a bit crampy (had to stop and stretch before the third effort) - I definitely think it was worth going out, anyway. I decided that Thursday's Conac session will probably fulfil my need for a run effort (at worst I can head off on my own for 20 mins), and as tonight was at least dry (if a bit breezy), I swapped sessions and headed out on the bike. Overall average 16.5mph but I did take it very easy in between reps and heading home, trying to stretch out. First effort was with a side/rear wind, but the other two were side/head wind so reasonably tough.

Might have to fiddle with the saddle some more, could be a bit higher still I think, and not sure whether it was a weeny bit loose tonight. It wasn't bad enough to stop and investigate further.

Nice to see loads of other cyclists out too!

No comments: