Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life in the fast lane

...well, the second-slowest lane, anyway. I seem to be coping so hopefully I can stay there!

Pretty full-on continuous session tonight. I was a bit late so missed a few lengths of the initial warm up, but then did:

100-150m warm up
4 x 50m, 10s rest between, increasing speed
50 x 25m on 40s
100-150m cool down

We took it in turns (4 of us in the lane) to lead for 10 lengths - the plan was 60, but our lane managed 50. Still 1250m. I clearly felt a slow down - at first I had a consistent 11-12 secs left at the end of each length, but later on I just felt like I couldn't swim any faster and was down to 7-8 secs rest. Not much I can do about that but practice and get fitter. I did feel, early on, that I was swimming quite well, and even had a grin on my face at one point!

No comments: