Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chase the Train

Somehow the forecast torrential rain failed to materialise and it was actually quite hot - breeze, cloud cover and shady cuttings were very welcome, and I even went so far as to pour water on my head! But no major effort from me, I did this as a nice plod as it's a lovely course and not too far (the time went surprisingly fast actually). Having given blood on Friday and biked yesterday I was feeling a little tired, and doing the first two miles at 8:45 pace was not so wise. I slowed down and did the whole thing in 1:23 ish (9:20/mile average), walking for the water stations and a few other little pauses. I decided to forego the nice (but very slow) train ride back to Aylsham in favour of Jennie and Steve's kind offer of a lift, so was home in a reasonable time too (at which point it rained...)

No comments: