Friday, April 4, 2008

Go with the flow

Another 40-min swim with Jenna over lunch time, actually a great swim as I felt I had finally found the "flow" and got a smooth, continuous stroke. I put the watch away and just concentrated on finding that flow and getting a feel for the water and what works. I had been watching a few of these videos, maybe that helped! Like Wednesday, it was really enjoyable and I'm tired now but happy :)

Swam for a while with a slower chap in the lane at first, then he left, and a serious looking guy asked if we could split the lane (it was a wide one, at the side) and stick to one side each. I soon found out why he asked, as he began to plough up and down, 16 strokes to a length, almost twice as fast as me! No way we could have followed each other round and round. I tried to work out what his secret was, but unfortunately it seemed to be long arms and lots of muscles, neither of which I could develop in the 20 minutes I had left. I think I might have gone a bit faster just so as not to look like quite so much of a snail, so maybe it was a bonus having him share!

No comments: