Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Unfamiliar territory

Schedule: swim session

Circumstances conspired to find me in Thetford this afternoon (never mind), but they have a pool so I was determined to do my swim. Having walked, and then limped, around London and Thetford in heeled boots, my feet were certainly glad of it. So glad that one of them decided to make itself known via cramp - never had that before. Not painful, just weird. Then when I was getting rid of that cramp, I got another one, inner thigh this time. Managed to kill it before it got too bad, thankfully.

Thetford does have a 25m pool in addition to the wave pool and jaccuzi (which I declined although at £3.80 I should have made sure I used everything!). However, the concept of lanes doesn't seem to have filtered that far down the A11, and it was a bit of a free for all. In between the kids faffing about and the people who like to swim widths (!), I was doing well to get away with just 2 collisions. Obviously it's designed for the heads-up swimmer. Overall, I was tired, a bit hacked off, and slow, but I stayed in for an hour. No idea how many lengths - it was just good to swim.

No comments: