Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Change of plan

Something at the pool was broken tonight, so no swim session :( But it was a lovely evening, and I had a shiny new bike sitting looking sad and neglected in the garage, so out of pity I took her for a spin. And ended up joining everyone else at the pub quiz - how did that happen? I went a bit of a long way round to Wicklewood, to avoid the cruddy surfaces on the old A11 either side of Thickthorn, so it worked out at 11.75 miles which I did in 42 mins or so. On the open road I was keeping up 19-20mph which was excellent - although my calves felt a bit crampy and I wondered if I needed the seat slightly higher, or the bars a bit lower? Through Wymondham I was slow, which dragged my average down (tip - remember which streets are one-way in the opposite direction...). Since it was dark by the time we finished, and Mark had driven, I put the bike in the car to come home again - doing a full round trip on Saturday will be a novelty!

Don't think I'll get another swim in this week - efforts on Thurs, race on Fri, bike ride (Old Buckenham now planned) on Sat, and wherrying on Sun, so I'll leave the pool until Monday.

No comments: