Saturday, August 18, 2007

Two out of three ain't bad

A double bill this morning - 15 miles (Ketteringham loop) on the bike with Clare (7am start, please note...), and then a run of just under 3.5 miles "around the block". Great to have company again on the bike ride. Less great for my front derraileur to stick (on the larger ring) after about 3 miles, but I completed the ride in the upper range and then took the bike down to All-Lite where Geoff fixed it in a matter of seconds with an allen key (stuck cable, probably due to me shifting up instead of down - oops). Thanks! Average speed was over 16mph so I'm pleased with that. If I was to pick out one obvious thing to learn from Clare it's take more advantage of the downhills and stop being a scaredy cat!

I'm amazed to see the run distance as high as it is - completing it in 28:26 gives me an average speed of about 8:15 per mile. On tired legs... with the hills on Marston Lane, Ipswich Road and Church Lane... (OK, and corresponding downhills on Donkey Lane, Greenways and Marston Lane) I'm just gobsmacked! I'm desperately wondering if I could have accidentally stopped and started my watch, it really does seem quick.

Bodes well for the triathlon, though :) Three weeks tomorrow, and with a 12 mile bike and 2 mile run I'm not worried about doing the distance now. Just want to get out there and see what I can do. Bring it on :)

No comments: