Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Total immersion here I come?

Different coach at swimming tonight, so a slightly different session - fewer lengths but maybe a bit more on technique. A lot focused on getting the elbow high on the recovery, which I don't think I have too much of a problem with. Also we did a few lengths looking at stroke count. Everyone else seemed to be around 20-22, while I'm up at 27-28 or so. I've tried lengthening as much as I can but I still stick around 25-26. Any longer and I am just "pausing" my arms, and only moving with my legs.

Having received my Total Immersion book this week I think that will help, as it covers stroke length a lot. I was trying to apply some of what I remembered from reading it, but really I need to start from the basics with balance. Maybe I can try that on Friday. I might try photocopying the drill sections and getting them laminated (since I can't afford the laminated drill cards TI sell!).

Crampy twitching returned this week. But the runny nose wasn't so bad. Some you win...

16 x 25m warm up
3 x (25m fists, 25m trailing fingers on recovery, 25m "chicken wings", 25m 3/4 catchup, 30s rest)
6 x (25m fast, 25m slow, 25m building, 25m steady, 30s rest)
4 x 25m pull
4 x 25m counting strokes
4 x 25m cool down

= 64 lengths, 1600m

No comments: