Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a difference a day makes

plasma 3

At 7am I was awake enough to go for breakfast #1, one of my tried and trusted snack bars. As 8am I was out of the house to meet Kerry. An hour and ten minutes later (more accurately, 1:11:11 - cool) I'd left her to do lap 2 (these crazy marathon people...) and I'd run nearly 7 miles myself. Where the hell did that come from?

It was just a Really Good Run. Worth missing parkrun for, not that I want to do that too often, but I did enjoy running longer and with company. I was having so much fun I passed on the chance to come home via Sunningdale (shorter) and kept going up Church Lane to finish at the top of the hill and walk from there as a cool down.

The run has really set me up for the day too. Following breakfast #2* and a nice hot shower, I've cleaned the kitchen, made soup, made a cake, washed up, done laundry, put the recycling out... no big deal really but this is very productive for me! I'm sure I'll crash later, but for now I seem to have lots of energy. The kitchen might even get its last coat of paint...

* porridge made with Dorset muesli, plain oats, extra sultanas, a cheeky scattering of candied peel, a positively mischievous but virtuously small pinch of dark chocolate chips, a hefty dollop of ground ginger, and soya milk.

What I learned today: a rest day can work wonders.

Photo: plasma 3 by limowreck666, on Flickr

No comments: