Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday = rush day

curve e rette

Thursdays are a bit of a rush - I have a lunchtime seminar to get to at one o'clock, but never feel quite right leaving for the pool at 11:30am. So it's usually 30-35 minutes of swimming, a quick shower, and then tearing back to eat lunch and smell of chlorine while listening to social science. I still managed to complete 250m warm up, 5 x (50m easy, 25m fast), 4 x 25m sprint, 6 x 25m drill (stroke count 20-21 if I think reeeeally hard), and then steady/cool down for the rest of the time which turned out as 400m. That's 1275m but I must have done another length as I got out at the same end of the pool I got in :)

The easy + fast sets were interesting, I haven't done any for a while where you move from slow to fast without a rest. Definitely different to pushing into a fast length from stationary (usually those are the best). I'm thinking more sets where steady is interspersed with faster lengths, without stopping, is probably better than the massive peaks and troughs of sprints. I'll have to see what pops up later in the plan.

Photo: curve e rette by hidden side, on Flickr

No comments: