Friday, February 11, 2011

Spot the difference

Surprise!!! 4/365

Lunchtime, aiming for a fairly relaxed run with Natalia. Didn't really have time for a proper gym session, so I went off-plan on the "just do something" principle. We did just shy of 5.1 miles in 50:30 = 9:56/mi, which was a nice surprise on both pace and distance! I figured we were on for 10:15-10:30 pace - it definitely felt much slower and more comfortable than Wednesday with Alice, when we did a chunk of the same route. My pace radar clearly needs calibrating.

Pace aside, it's my longest run in quite a while, possibly since November when I was training for the Hereward, so I'm really pleased. It does mean I'd have to revise my expectations (upwards) for a "long" run, though! Ah well - it's good to cruise into the weekend on a high. Let's see how parkrun goes tomorrow...

What I learned today: the difference between two paces in terms of "feels like" is really not that much.


Photo: Surprise!!! 4/365 by bensonkua, on Flickr

No comments: