Wednesday, February 16, 2011

That'll do, pig


That'll do, pig. That'll do.

That's what I said to myself as I slowed down and stopped my watch tonight. You could take it two ways: one, I've been nibbling on chocolates* today, enjoyable yes, but perfectly capable of turning into a hoovering episode that demolishes the whole box. So, that'll do, pig(gie). The second, kinder way to look at it is as a comment of respect and approval at a creature doing something it was by no means born to do, but making a decent enough job of it. I'll take that one.

Actually I think it was just an instant word association to my mental statement of "that'll do" when I saw I'd passed my goal of a 30 minute run tonight, but I quite like the second option.

Anyway, it's just good to be back blogging. The past few days have been pretty busy, and I chose to actually do the training rather than yap about it here :)

Monday: the usual gym session. Mat congestion pushed the planks to the end (again) and it sucked. Also I nearly dropped a 4kg dumbbell thanks to the News Quiz**. Will I never learn?

Tuesday: swim session, by the book (4x100m, 4x25m). It was a bit short (so I padded out the cool down), but that's because I am supposed to be on the more advanced training plan where swim sessions are paired with runs. Might have to get to that next week... *cough* ...will up the meaty bit of tomorrow's session accordingly.

Today: bit of a manic day, didn't squeeze in a lunchtime run but sternly talked myself into going out when I got home. My first night time run for quite a while! Nice and relaxed, no sprints or anything just a good solid 10 min mile run. Maybe chocolate isn't so bad after all ;)

* Valentines chocolates. From work... yeah, I know. Volunteering to do the coffee rota is potentially bad for your waistline, but thankfully there's a willing crowd to help with the large box of Lindt Collection, just like there was for the biscuits at Christmas...
** Jeremy Hardy's line about shunning popery, but it actually being quite useful in the downstairs loo. Maybe it loses something written down. (popery / pot-pourri? no? I'll get my coat...)

Photo: Pig. by Adam Glasgow, on Flickr

No comments: