Friday, February 18, 2011

Perfect 10

10

Well, I mean, it's alright, it's not actually perfect, but... yeah, it was quite good. For lunchtime. A shiny 10km (sounds so much better than 6.1 miles, don't you think?) in, ooh, let's call it a round hour. Which allows for a quick loo stop (thanks Lizzie :), pausing to fend off a lolloping, off-the-lead Great Dane "puppy" (the approximate size of a small horse), and Natalia not restarting her watch straight after my cheeky pause to use the facilities.

I still don't get this pace thing. I would have sworn we were slower than 10 min miles. It didn't feel as easy as Wednesday night. And I didn't like the hilly bits at all. But calling it an hour is definitely on the cautious side, so I'll take the 9:50 per mile and I'll use it to polish my halo (before I probably tarnish and dent it a bit on a hen do this weekend...). Natalia's verdict: "we rock". Yeah :)

Photo: 10 by duncan, on Flickr

No comments: