Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Making time

Time is running too fast

I had a really busy day today. By the time 12:15 rolled around I was starving and barely knew whether I was coming or going. I almost started to eat lunch, skipping a run in favour of eating now and "going later" - but I know that's just a cop out and I'm likely to find some excuse. I was glad I made the effort as the afternoon just got busier and busier and I would never have made it.

So, with only about an hour to run, shower and lunch, it was time to up the pace. I only did a short route but the average pace of 9:39 min/mile over 30:30 included warm up, cool down, and a couple of hills (i.e. slowness). Given that I've been around (mostly over) 10 minute miles lately, that's pretty cool and I'm pleased. The pace was hard but do-able - training plan said 16 mins @ threshold with 10 each of warm up and cool down. I reckon I was more like 8 warm up and 6 cool down, but it's the middle bit that counts, right? :)

What I learned today: I haven't got as slow as I thought I had...

Photo: Time is running too fast by *0* PrincessCCCC, on Flickr

No comments: