Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off...


Well, I'm not quite starting all over again... but I've had a lazy week or so. It started with a long weekend in Bristol where I went in the hotel pool once (I got my stroke count down to 7, but using a 10m pool is cheating...) and in the gym the same number of times as I went for a run (zero). We did go for a walk though! Ooh, 4 miles... and a roast dinner afterwards. With pudding. and beer. But there was a hill, so that was totally justified. I don't really have an excuse for cooked breakfasts, though.

In mitigation, m'lud, I did go for one run (3 miles. Ish.) and one swim (35 mins inc. 10x100m efforts) during the three days I actually worked last week, and then did a bit of utility cycling on Saturday (to the city, and back with many kilos of vegetables, in a strong wind).

Hmm. Yeah, I agree, it's not really that convincing, is it? Right. I sentence myself to having a bloody good crack at the last week of my 4-week buildup to the actual tri training plan, and eating clean while I'm at it. Time to get with the program, as they say.

I'll soon be like this:


OK, maybe this:



(I realise this may come back to haunt me if anyone takes photos at the tri...)

Photos:Feeling lazy (13/365) by LifeSupercharger, Lazy dog by kirainet, Running Dog by surfneng, Running Dog by findgareth, all on Flickr

No comments: