Saturday, February 26, 2011

Puddlejumping

Running part 2

My first parkrun for a while today. It was cold and drizzly, and I ended up running in my decidedly non-breathable €5 waterproof. Actually, the waterproofs I needed were wellies.

Unfortunately, despite quite a bit of recent investment, the paths in the park are not very even, and there are lots of puddles. LOTS of quite deep puddles, and lots of mud created by people running on the grass to get around the puddles. The run used to finish wonderfully through the northern entrance to the bandstand/colonnade, but that's one of the biggest puddles so they moved it back a bit. It's a shame - all it would take to fix things would be a bit of thought and some good workmanship. I finished with very soggy, cold feet, and some people looked more like they'd been doing a cross-country!

At the time of posting this, the results aren't yet available. I chose to run without a watch, so I'm not really sure what I did, but I'm guessing close to or even over 30 mins. I got lapped quite early, so either the winner was really fast or I was pretty slow. I'll have to wait and see!

Edit: 30:20. Pretty slow but still a massive (*cough*) 7 seconds ahead of my PW!

Edit 2: Blog post no. 500! Woohoo!

Photo: Running part 2 by The World According To Marty, on Flickr

No comments: