Monday, February 21, 2011

A little pampering...

Jurlique Organic Facial 2

A weekend away with the girls... It was just a small hen weekend, including one spa treatment and use of the pool and other facilities - certainly a lovely, lazy break. Not much in the way of training!

I didn't really want to try and head off for a run while everyone else was relaxing, so I didn't take any run kit, just swim and gym. At 18m and with playing kids as well as other swimmers the pool wasn't really up to any kind of serious swimming so I just did a few lengths here and there when it was quieter, and enjoyed the novelty of having a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna on hand. On Sunday morning I did manage to get a 45 minute gym session in, doing a chunk of my usual weights/core circuit, but (a full cooked) breakfast with the others was calling.

Monday rolled around and I woke up suffering from a swollen eye that I could barely open. I've had this before - some kind of allergic reaction to something (the facial?), and my eyelid and surrounding skin puffs up. It was bad enough that I went to the health centre on the way to work to get checked out, but they said it should be fine with antihistamines. It was, eventually, but I passed on doing anything at lunch time - goggles would have been impossible and I didn't know whether sweating would just make it worse too. It's pretty much fine now, so it's back to a normal routine tomorrow.

Photo: Jurlique Organic Facial 2 by FoundryParkInn, on Flickr

No comments: