Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Swim technique

Schedule - 4 mi easy, 38 mins, RPI 6/10

Actual - 1hr swim, 1750m, RPI 7/10

A longish swim session during which I got a welcome bit of coaching on my technique - reach further forward before dropping my forearm, and keep my hand just under the water while reaching. No instant difference in speed (just aching shoulders!) but it's something I can work on. However, I definitely noticed a better flow to my stroke when making a point of kicking from the hip with legs together. I just need practice!

Warm up - 3 x 150 f/c, 3 x 50 kick (much more efficient kick if I go on my side...), 30 sec in between
Main - pyramid which started off as 4-6-12-6-4 (lengths) with 30 sec rest, but Kerry sneakily changed it to 6-12-16-12-6 after I set off. I got as far as the 16, and the last 4 or so of the following 12 served as cool down.

Total distance 1750m. No cramp, good session!

No comments: