Saturday, March 1, 2008

Last long run

Before Broadland that is :)

Schedule: 14 miles @ 10min/mi, 2:20, RPI 9/10.
Actual: 12.3 miles @ 9:42/mi, 1:59:30, RPI 8.5/10.

Went out with Mark alongside on the bike, dispensing jelly babies and water, and occasionally forgetting where we were going despite it being mostly the same route as the other week. No frantic dashes for the loo, just a quick stretch about 1.5 miles in and no other breaks. Total time a shade under 2 hours which makes it a bit under 10 minute miles. It was a good steady run but not as easy as I had hoped, since I ended up with a rest day yesterday. However, given that coming up the Church Lane track I was sure I would have to finish at the gate on Marston Lane, I was glad I pushed myself to go on to the bollards and back, to take it over 12 miles. It's worth saying it was rather windy, and I was running into the wind when going along Bluebell, Earlham, or back along Marston Lane for the last time - but loop routes have their advantages and it was behind me up Colney Lane, which I was very glad of!

So, somehow I have to squeeze another mile or so out of that same time in two weeks! Maybe Broadland isn't the course for a PB and under 2h, but I can give it a bash. What's to lose?

It's the duathlon tomorrow (even if windy). Next week I'm switching things around a bit. I'll run with Conac on Monday and do my threshold run on Tuesday (maybe with Conac as my lunch time is busy). Then it's a swim on Wednesday, efforts Thursday, and a rest on Friday. I can fit the scheduled 3 miles easy in before we head to Kirkby on Saturday, and work out a route for the "fast" 10k on Sunday morning there. Here goes!

No comments: