Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's back

Cramp :( The annoying painful one :(

Swimming was 50m-100-150-200 and back down, working on stroke length/count. I finished that but never got to try the "golf" game (add stroke count to time, for 50m, and try to reduce). It was going really well until then. Hmph. Stroke count was 23-25 per 25m, with more lengths at 26-27 as I get tired.

Having followed last week's advice to reach further forward in between my hand entering the water, and dropping it to pull back, this week's additional refinement was to make sure I am reaching only forward and not losing any power by pulling sideways as well as back. I seem to have a tendency to reach in to my centreline.

Advice from others about the cramp included to eat more bananas (I didn't have one today) and maybe think about magnesium supplements.

No comments: