Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Flat out effort " 10k

Schedule: 10k (plus 1mi warm up & cool down), target 50:00 (10k), RPI 10/10

Actual: 1mi warm up, 10k, tiny cool down, 52:34, RPI 8-9/10

Route: Kirkby, Nuncargate. Cut this one a bit short on the cool down due to morning/lunch plans - did the 10k, near as I could (6.02mi, GMaps inaccuracy permitting), and was really pleased with 52:34 (8:44/mi). It was hard to have a consistent effort as the terrain was varied, more inclines than I remembered, but a really good run. I don't really know what constitutes a "flat out effort" that is sustainable for 10 kilometres, though - in some ways I felt I could have gone quicker at times, but I didn't want to wind up exhausted after 5 miles. I knew I wasn't going to hit the 50:00 target, but it's still the best 10k I've done in a long while. Here's hoping for an equally good run next weekend...

No comments: