Thursday, March 6, 2008

Long efforts

Schedule: 3 x 1mi + 200m jog, total 6mi (??), 5k pace, 65 mins, RPI 8/10

Actual: 5 x 1km + 3 mins rest, total 7km, 46 mins, sub-5k pace, RPI 8/10

The old km rep route around Bluebell/Earlham roads - although now I measure it, as best I can, it turns out to be 920m :) - run 5 times with a jog out and back. I was really pleased to keep consistent (every rep between 4:15 and 4:20) and to have a pretty good run overall. Rests should have been 2:30 but I was at the front (!) of the back pack and we waited so everyone got at least 2:30 rest, so I got longer. The reps were tough while I was doing them, but I felt strong and recovered well. Less total distance than the scheduled set but quicker reps, so a more or less equivalent session I think. And I enjoyed it :)

No comments: