Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just swim

No session tonight, so it was a lunchtime swim for me. Started OK - 400 warm up, then decided to do last week's session again. So, kick off with 400 fast. Forgot my watch so had to squint at the clock on the wall, which said the 400m took me 7 minutes. That'll be 350m then, unless I have found the secret of dropping 4 secs per 25m (unlikely). Oops. Next 200m - 4 mins. Tick. Next 200m - 3 mins. Crap. Can I not even count to four now? (The number of times I touch the far wall - I do know 200m is 8 lengths.)

At that point I gave up counting and just swam. And quite enjoyed it too. I think my catch is improving, on the left (weaker) side especially. I still can't turn very well using my left arm, though, it's all slow and clumsy. Not that using the right is much to write home about, but there's definitely a difference.

No comments: