Saturday, August 16, 2008

Good swim, aborted run

Excellent swim in the lake this morning, partnering Trish - we pushed each other along a bit I think. Buoy was a bit further out, making 1600m round trip we were told. We completed in around 31 minutes - didn't time it as such, but did look at my watch. It was cold to start with, and I felt like I was gasping a little, but just forcing myself to breathe on a normal rhythm helped, and I was soon into the flow. There is more weed and lots of shoals of fish, which occasionally surprise me and throw me off stroke, but I am still loving the lake.

Had a little run with Lizzie later on too, the plan was to run to hers, run around the Waitrose loop and back to hers, and then back to mine, maybe along the lane for a while to make up an hour. I got to her place needing the loo, and by the time we got back to the Church Lane track, I was needing it again. Couldn't even manage to jog down the lane to home, had to stop and walk. After stopping in at home, I couldn't manage to get out and do the rest, although I knew I should have done.

No comments: