Thursday, February 19, 2009

Having a cow, man

I've done it. Entered the Cowman, Milton Keynes; own half-Ironman. 1.9km, 92km, 21km, 28th June - 18 weeks on Sunday. Also ordered a tri training bible as recommended by Trish, so as soon as that arrives I'll get stuck into a plan. I don't even have a time in mind at the moment, although I put 6:30 on the entry form - I'll have to consider that a bit! I can't decide if I feel more excited or more nervous at the moment. Hopefully excited will win :)

I'm also aiming to raise at least £500 for Wherry Yacht Charter Charitable Trust. I'm the chairman of the WYCCT Friends group, and we've set ourselves the massive target of raising £100,000 this year, so I thought I'd go right ahead and lead by example. I did my first half marathon for them, but this is a bigger challenge. If we don't get the money this year then we can't do the essential work on the base (boatsheds, workshops, etc.) to allow us to carry on restoring the boats, so a lot rests on how we get on. I'm determined to do my bit and see our three beautiful boats all sailing together again in a few years.

Just in case people really are reading this and I'm not just talking to myself: sponsor me!

No comments: