Sunday, February 17, 2008

New targets

OK, with the GER over, it's time to think about new targets. I have signed up for the Waveney super sprint and Norwich Olympic tris (May and July) but I need something in the meantime. I was disappointed with today's result, so I want to keep building on the higher mileage I have scraped together, consolidate it and do a half - with Broadland coming up in exactly 4 weeks, it seems like a good time to try and better my previous fairly poor showing (2:08:39 in 2006). After that I have 8 weeks to get into the tri training for Waveney (probably doing Chase the Train in April), and another 8 weeks after that to build up to Olympic, including open water swimming and with the Norfolk 100 mile bike ride in June, plus one or two Wroxham 5ks in the meantime too.

I've nabbed a half marathon schedule from Runner's World, and will follow and adapt the last 4 weeks. It'll be based around:

Monday - steady shortish run (beginners, ~9:45/mile)
Tuesday - 4-5 miles including fartlek or threshold 3 miles or hill 1 mile total
Wednesday - swim
Thursday - Conac efforts (2.5 miles or so)
Friday - rest or swim
Saturday - moderate run or bike
Sunday - long run (10:00/mile) or 10k (target 50 min)

No comments: