Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dismal run

Just over 7 miles (Bluebell, Newmarket, Eaton, Tuckswood, Hall, Cecil, Ipswich, Lime Tree, Christchurch, Avenues, Fiveways), but a generally crap run. Felt breathless (without inhaler - duh) as far as Ipswich Rd, at which point I decided to cut my losses and head back, while Granville who had generously stayed with me went off to do a longer route. After a cheeky but very necessary loo stop at the squash club (I tried to find someone to ask, but found the loo first!), I felt better but then it chucked it down rather a lot which was a bit miserable. By the time I got to the Avenues I felt good enough to go back in via Fiveways, to take it over the hour - 1:04 in the end. I can't help thinking I must have stopped my watch for longer than I thought somewhere, so let's call it 1:10 for 10 min miles, rather than the 9:06 min miles implied by 1:04!

No comments: