Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Getting quicker

Well, the swimming set got quicker, don't know about me!

Like before, 2 x 50m @ 1:30, then dropping by 5s for every 2 x 50m. After getting down to 55s per 50m, the time then increased again. I made it to 1:15 but missed out on 1:10. The whole group were doing it together (so no 2:00 for us slow-laners), and when you dropped out because the pace was too fast, you swam 25m instead. It was OK, but was hard to know when to come back in - and again I found myself catching up with others in my lane on the quicker reps.

I don't know how much time I lose by not being able to turn very fast at the end - but then again I probably gain time with pushing off and gliding, so maybe it evens out.

Finished off with a couple of relays (freestyle, backstroke) and a little cool down. Interesting to just do one fast 25m.

I felt I was starting to make progress in some aspects of the stroke, e.g. getting a continuous flow of movement and not stop-starting, and while there were occasional flashes of "this is what I should be doing with my arms", I really had to concentrate to keep that up. Practice, practice, practice...

No comments: