Sunday, February 17, 2008

Great(ish) East Run

Hmmm - not bad I guess, for a week of no training and a bout of food poisoning (or whatever it was). Ran more or less comfortably with Kate from about 2k to 13k, at which point I said she should go ahead as she was clearly having a better run than me! From there I walked/ran in various proportions and made it over the line about 2:06 or so, exhausted but intact, pleased to have made it. Route - results.

Yay: it was a glorious day for a run, absolutely perfect, crisp and sunny winter's day, no wind. Thermals not required! And a brilliantly organised race as always, with TWO beers in the goodie bag.

Boo: wine gums just didn't cut it, jelly babies are less chewy and nicer.
Boo2: I keep getting a niggly 2nd toe on my right foot, it goes a bit numb after about 8-9 miles. Loosening my laces helps a bit, but it doesn't go completely. What the hell is it?

No comments: