Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New year, new start

(new cold - bah)

Having been a bit slack before and over Christmas, the New Year's Day 10k was only ever going to be an enjoyable training run with friends, even before I picked up a cold. So I was happy to do it in about an hour, running with Kate for most of it and then sticking with Jennie for the last 2k or so. Official time 1:01:29, watch time 1:00:55. It was a nice comfortable run, and good to see everyone, including Simon and Jenna who popped up spectating on the course. Happy New Year!

Other runs I did in December, but didn't blog:

Home, 23rd Dec, with Kerry: 5.3 miles in 57 minutes - very icy and slippery, lots of walking, but a good run.
Aylesbury, 27th Dec: 3.6 miles in 37 minutes - felt rather breathless though, walked a few bits, fairly rubbish but glad I got out.
Home, 28th Dec: 5.5 miles, no time, comprising a short loop with Lizzie (a few walk breaks) and another short loop on my own afterwards which felt very good.

Next race: Great East Run, 17th February.

This week: I need to shake the cold, and am in Hong Kong 4th-11th. I'll take my kit as there is a hotel gym and a park just outside, plus the weather is mild.

This year's goals: I'd like to get under 50 mins for 10k (maybe GY Promenade), under 2hrs for a half (Wissey?), complete the Norwich Tri, and get under 1:05 for Waveney.

No comments: