Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Endurance swim, and more kit buying

With a pool full again, Kerry gave us an endurance swim - my first attempt at 1500m. The suggested timing (60 lengths) was on 50 seconds for those of us anticipating a 40 min total swim time. Of course, 60 lengths at 50 seconds needs 50 minutes to do, and by the time we were in and warmed up there wasn't that much session left. A couple of minor bouts of cramp, but I think I got 44-46 lengths in in the 45 mins that I swam. Between counting strokes (as low as 21!) and checking the clock, I didn't have enough spare brain to count lengths too.

I felt I could have done the lengths quicker (on 45s maybe) from a recovery point of view, but maybe my crampy legs tell a different story. Who knows.

Still, good to get a long swim in - sounds like it will be a regular thing for these sessions.

Trish and Rob were selling a wetsuit, so I tried it on - interesting experience (ha ha), but it seems to fit (I can still breathe and move...), so I've bought it. Since I've entered Norwich, I need to do open water, so it's a bit of a necessity!

No comments: