Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Swimming - coming together again

Apart from another (minor) episode of cramp in that annoying inner thigh muscle, which meant a few mins stretching by the poolside, I had a good session, getting the feel for the water again. On the single fast lengths (e.g. 25m on 45 secs), I really feel I'm going somewhere, but there's no way I could keep that up for 16! Also I can still only do 30 secs at best, so I could never go under 8 mins for 400m at the moment. I don't know what technique point I'm missing. I'm thinking it might be seriously worth saving up for a Total Immersion session or some time in an endless pool like Swimshack.

Can't remember the session last night in great detail, apart from 400m @ effort 7-8 (out of 10), which I forgot to time, and 10 x 25m on 45 secs, which was fine (I should move down to 40 next time). I still love doing pull, which proves to me that my legs are more hindrance than help!

No comments: