Sunday, October 28, 2007

Some catching up to do...

Not such a great week, this week... having a visitor at work has meant I've been a bit less flexible during the day.

Monday - beer fest.
Tuesday - wussed out of running as it was bloody freezing and I didn't have winter kit (that's what you get for being organised and bringing your kit in a day early).
Wednesday - had an OK swim but had the new experience of cramp in both legs at the same time and nearly sank without trace.
Thursday - missed efforts due to a meal out, but did a decent short run via Eaton Park and Greenways with Lorraine; 4.3 miles in 39 mins, i.e. 9 min miling (but it felt tougher than that!).
Friday - nothing.
Saturday - tank driving all day.
Sunday - biked to Whitlingham for a 10k and waited at the wrong place for the start (d'oh), so gave up on that and just hung out waiting for them to finish, then while Kraig kindy took my bike home, I ran around the lake and home - 5.6miles in just under 50 mins, i.e. 8:50 per mile on average. (The same pace would have given me just under 54 mins for the 10k.) Given that I'd been standing around at the outdoor centre for ages and wasn't warmed up, that was OK. The fact that it was raining too, and there was a headwind, was about all I deserved for my own stupidity!

No comments: