Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Could be worse

Okay, so my idea of short and slow didn't necessarily tally with everyone else's - had an OK run, marred by some cramp twinges (unusual for running) which meant I finished extremely slowly as every slight pointing of my toes (like springing off a kerb) resulted in a twinge and a stumble. But I was really pleased to cover the distance, and it looks like I might not be in quite as bad shape as I thought.

We did about 7.5 miles, out to Lakenham and back via the city and the Avenues. No idea of the time, being watchless still, but the initial pace was good (someone wondered out loud if we had a Kenyan pacemaker while we were cruising down Marston Lane), only slowed by me later on as I got a bit out of breath and then needed a loo stop (pubs are wonderful things). I started out with the rearmost pack, but lost them around Eaton and ran the rest with Granville and Marie, until the cramps got me on the Avenues.

Next time, more stretching and a gentler start!

No comments: