Monday, July 23, 2007

Splash and sniff

Well, I completed a repeat of last Wednesday's swim session, in about 55 minutes - I'm pretty happy with that, considering I was lane-sharing. This meant the rests on some of the sets were longer or shorter, with me either dashing off or hanging back so as not to tangle with the other swimmer who later joined me in the lane (doing steady breaststroke, probably wondering what kind of idiot she'd got into a lane with - but not annoyed enough to find another lane...). And I did do all of the warmup and the sets this time, without any cramp.

Interestingly, the 16-length warmup (of which maybe 6 lengths were breaststroke) took 11:30 in total, which seems like a good base to improve from for the tri.

I tried the nose clip, but it felt like I was swimming with a heavy cold (I breathe out through my mouth and nose usually), and then it fell off after 5 lengths anyway, so I left it off after that. Maybe I put it on wrong? I couldn't work it out - didn't seem comfortable however I did it! But back at my desk I'm not sniffing as much as usual - maybe it's the first few minutes in the pool that are the most irritating?

No comments: