Thursday, July 19, 2007

Second swim session

Slightly apprehensive tonight, going to my first "improvers" swim session with Tri Anglia at the High School pool - even more so when the first thing was a 400m warm up (er, that's my target!) I think I managed 350m by the time we were ready to start properly, so only 2 lengths off. However, the session turned out to be really enjoyable, challenging but do-able, and only marred by a few pre-cramp twinges (the worst just as I was getting into my flow - boo). They don't seem to be directly related to the effort I'm putting in at the time, so I'll have to look up some ideas about what might be causing them and how I could prevent them. I feel like I am getting into the stroke more, and improving my technique (hopefully leading to better stamina) if not my speed!

Session was:

400m warm up
pyramid (1-2-3-2-1 lengths with recovery between at 30sec per length swum)
10 50-sec lengths (50 secs between starting lengths - i.e. the quicker you are, the longer your rest!)
10 pairs of lengths comprising 1 easy + 1 sprint, 1 min recovery between

This all seems like good stuff I can do on my own on Monday lunchtimes. Excellent!

Nose streaming again afterwards so next time I'm trying out a nose clip courtesy of Marie.

No comments: