Monday, July 30, 2007

Back in the swim of things

Feeling slightly less lazy after a good swim session. Just under an hour, and 84 lengths done. After the sets of arms-only, I did what felt like a flying set of 8 lengths full stroke with no recoveries - forgot to note the exact start time but I think it took about 5 minutes. That's also the longest set of consecutive lengths I think I have done! As long as I can remember the slow, strong, efficient kick, everything clicks into place. The 8 x "fast" lengths were pretty much spot on 30 secs each time.

4 lengths warm up (2 breaststroke, 2 freestyle)
5 x (2 full stroke, 6 arms only with pull buoy)
8 full stroke, steady, no recoveries
8 full stroke, fast, 20 secs recovery
4 x 2 full stroke, fastish, 20 secs recovery
6 x 2 steady, 10-15 secs recovery
4 lengths cool down, breaststroke

No comments: