Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time trials and tribulations

806

I didn't swim my 4-weekly 400m time trial last week, so I put it in today. It went pretty well, apart from me making it a 450m time trial. Well, I hope that's what I did - otherwise I am pretty damn slow.

So, apparently I can't count. I think I lost track around 12 lengths in, but anyway, it came out as 9:07 or so. Assuming I swam an even pace, that would be about 8:06 for the 400m. It's quicker than last time, but by a measly half a second a length. I'd be fibbing if I said I hadn't hoped for better. I was sharing a lane with two others but they really weren't in the way, and were actually very good about letting me past. My one excuse is that I'm still pretty tired from the weekend, just being on my feet all day(s) at the half, never mind a bit of lifting here and there. But that feels like a bit of a cop out.

After the 400m, I couldn't get going again. I tried setting myself up for a pyramid, and I was using nearly all the 35s on swimming each length, with nothing for rest! I was getting frustrated, so I called it a day and "just swam" for the rest of it, stretching out and trying to improve my catch and pull. Felt better at the end, but I still have some work to do.

Photo: 806 by mag3737, on Flickr

No comments: