Friday, March 18, 2011

A rest, a walk and a milestone

6

I took a rest day today - had planned on the gym but remembered I had a lunchtime "Calm Course" session (Wabi sabi - pretty interesting), and I need to get home tonight for a visit from the mothership :) I did make it for a walk before the session, at least: I found a new path in the woods that was quite pretty, heard (I think!) a Cetti's warbler plus robins and blackbirds, and saw the fantastic mass of daffs at the end of Chancellor's Drive.

Also, when I weighed myself this morning, I found that I am finally in the merely "overweight" category - I don't put too much store by BMI generally, but it's good to tick off the milestones as they pass. Onwards and downwards!

Weekend plans are parkrun or a quick bike loop on Sat (although heavy frost is expected overnight), and then 8 miles with Tally on Sunday. She gets to do another 10, lucky thing!

What I learned today: my blog gets hits from Google Finland and searches for "the world according to marty". Now it will presumably get more...

Photo: 6 by practicalowl, on Flick

No comments: