Monday, March 14, 2011

Night shift

Night Street Light

Back to club running for the first time in ages tonight. After spending the weekend helping at the City of Norwich Half Marathon, I realised that I was actually missing the Monday nights and my fellow back-of-the-pack-ers, so tonight it was five miles around the streets of Norwich. I had been out for my dose of vitamin D with a walk around the broad this afternoon, so the lack of greenery and sunlight wasn't felt too keenly. It was a nice run, just a small group too, although it got smaller after I was forced to pit stop cheekily at the Gibraltar Gardens - Claudia kindly waited and we ran the rest on our own. A good steady 10 min mile pace, and home via Waitrose to get something delicious for dinner (steak - yum). Not a bad night at all :)

The shoe saga is now complete, too. My bargainous size 7.5s were no good (even though I have other (non-running) shoes as low as size 6), but Trish is trying them to see if they fit her. I then trawled Amazon and found some size 8 Triumph 3s for £55 - funnily enough it was my old edition 3s that I'd gone back to when the last pair died, so I've gone from very grubby and tired ones to spangly shiny new ones. I swapped the insoles for my new orthotics (as the old ones were tired) and transferred my funky knobbly Xtenex laces just before running, which took way longer than I thought - sorry chaps! The whole run was comfortable, so that's a big relief. Here's to them not staying white for long!

Photo: Night Street Light by Sheffield Tiger, on Flickr

No comments: