Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday long swim

I am trying to make Saturdays a habit in the 50m session. Today was a bit harder as it was more crowded (club using 4 lanes), but I got through it. One or two lengths were subject to hold ups behind the crazy old man swimming jellyfish style, and at one point I took a 20s break to get away from a woman who was slower than me by just enough for me to be on her tail, but not enough to be worth overtaking. I accepted several lengths of slipstream (mass start training - heh) but then couldn't take any more of the pounding noise from her kicking. No watch, so no splits.

300m WU
1800m 40:26 = 33.7s / 25m
300m CD

I swam best towards the end but that was probably because the pool was emptying out - I got out just a few minutes before the changeover to 25m.

No comments: