Saturday, January 31, 2009

Long and longerer

Plan was for an 8 mile run, with half an eye on the Great East Run which is creeping up on me and Lizzie (2 weeks to go!). Although I had a route prepared for us, I neglected to say where we should meet, so my run down to the mill was followed by a run back up the hill (OK, slope) to Church Lane and a pit stop at Waitrose before continuing!

After that it was Brettingham Avenue and out to Swardeston and back, coming home via Waitrose. Total just shy of 9 miles. Running time was 1:30 with a couple of stops, one to take a gel and a couple to catch my breath. I did give blood last night so figure that had an impact, but very happy with 10:12/mile on average, considering the hills along the way. Feeling tired now but I'll have 3 days with no exercise in Poland, so Wednesday should be a good session!

No comments: