Saturday, May 23, 2009

Swim run swim

Lake swim first thing - gorgeous morning, quite a slow swim but that was due to stopping to make sure Sue was OK (cold got to her a bit). Thankfully we swam in a three, so while she went back with a canoe observer, Rachel and I swam on. 37:40 was our total time. I wonder whether next week I could grab a red hat and convince them to partner me to make me swim quicker?

Then I went on the 10k course, although not quite the old course as there is a new off-road path when coming back towards the lake. It feeds you off to the lakeside path so there was no double-back down the road and then back on the lakeside. I tried to make up for it at the end but my guesstimation was a bit off. 9.5km, 54:25, so prob about 57 for 10k. Not too bad.

Later on it was back in the water again, helping out the novice open water swimmers, who all did really well. The worst thing was the cold, as there was more standing around and less swimming than a normal session. That should all change next week!

No comments: