Friday, May 8, 2009

First swim... slightly unplanned

Busy day today - crewing on the wherry first thing, then home and off to mum's for the weekend. Didn't plan on fitting in a swim, but managed to slip on the quay heading in the rain at Potter Heigham and ended up in the water. Thankfully I didn't go fully in, and was able to hang on to the quay while everyone else made sure the wherry made it safely past and moored up further along. I had time to think about how warm it was in the water, and how ridiculous my armpit-level tidemark was going to look. Once I'd been unceremoniously hauled out, and changed into overalls kindly lent by the boatyard (who also washed my clothes - how lovely), I really was fine. Shame the same can't be said for my phone, but then it's my own fault for leaving it in my pocket! Felt a bit more shaken later on when I thought more about what could have happened, but there's no point going over it. I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't have been, it was just one of those things.

Anyway, if the water at Whitlingham is that temperature next week, it'll be lovely!

No comments: