Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank goodness for friends!

Easy run tonight in preparation for half marathon exertions over the weekend (organising, not running, for most of us), a familiar route via Bluebell and Unthank. I had to pause on Unthank, visited the lovely Alex to make use of her facilities since I really couldn't run any more, and then resumed. Was slightly concerned when I failed to catch the rest of the group: they should have gone South Park - Bluebell - North Park, so I went down North Park planning to meet them coming the other way. Saw the fast guys who were doing 3 min efforts (x10!!!), but none of my group. Oh well - continued to Bluebell and then to Fiveways and in that way. Turns out the other guys did Christchurch instead of the ring road, and back on the Avenues for a shorter run.

My run totalled 4.8 miles and on the watch I think I had 43 minutes or so (I reset it without really making a note) which would make a smidgen under 9:00/mile. OK, so I had a break in the middle but that seems quite quick, so maybe it was longer. It was defnitely 40-something though, and I did feel I was going quite well.

No comments: