Saturday, November 8, 2008

Eight miler (just about)

Out at Blakeney for a girls' weekend. Not the world's most successful route, but I made it nonetheless.

Out along the coast path to Morston - bit muddy, windy too, but never mind. Reached the quagmire bit just beyond Morston - impassable in elastic-laced shoes. Back to Blakeney.

Met Anna just leaving Blakeney towards Morston, she decided to join me and come the other way. We followed the road to the east, which turned into a path, which turned into two "private - no access" gates. Back to Blakeney.

Finally, we just kept going on the coast path, out to the north and then following it east. Some very muddy bits again, really quite slippery. I turned back at the time I'd judged would give me 1h20, Anna carried on to make up an hour for her. One the way back it started to sleet briefly. Joy!

Back up the hill by the White Horse - ouch - just about managed to keep it going. Back at the cottage in 1h16, 12.6km total which is 7.8 miles. I wanted 8 but that will do. 9:45/mile, OK considering the conditions and it's the longest run since who knows when.

And I got route 100,000 on Runmap :)

No comments: