Monday, March 19, 2012

Let's try that again, shall we?

Moncton 2010 IAAF World Jr Championships - Day 3 

OK, I admit it - a bit of a false start last week. Work stuff ate my lunchtimes :( And then it all just unravelled, although I take the blame for letting it go to such an extent.

I managed:
  1. A 50-minute run on Monday evening
  2. A 30-minute swim squeezed in on Wednesday
  3. A 3h+ bike ride on Sunday (which was excellent, considering it was only my second this year)
It's significantly better than nothing, but nowhere near what I planned. I feel like I am in a better place mentally this week, though. It's time to get aspirational again, and this week I WILL be ticking off a LOT more (i.e. at least 2 of each discipline) of the following:

Mon: Swim mixed intervals (1400m total) and steady run (40 min)
Tue: Bike 'power intervals' (short sharp speed bursts, within 60 min ride)
Wed: Swim moderate intervals (1500m total) and fartlek run 40 min inc. sprints
Thurs: Gym: weights/core
Fri: Swim long intervals (1500m total)
Sat: Steady parkrun
Sun: Long bike (aiming for 50-60 miles)

I would write more, but I need to get to the pool :)

Photo: Moncton 2010 IAAF World Jr Championships - Day 3 by Stephen Downes, on Flickr

No comments: