Monday, January 24, 2011

Solidity

brick face

I had a good, solid gym workout - the same as last week apart from the planks (oops). I had to dash to get back to work - too much resting going on I think. Next week I will get them in nearer the start.

As usual, I spent some time idly contemplating my own reflection during the squats, lunges and weights. Not an activity I would usually rush to do, but once a week is no bad thing. The same word came to mind - solid. It's just the way I look at the moment - from hips to shoulders especially. Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just interesting that that's what immediately sprang to mind rather than squishy. Here's to gradually getting less solid but not squishy (a waist would be nice too!).

What I learned today: some girlies think nothing of hogging the stretching mats and reading Grazia (that top quality fitness publication). Sigh.

Photo: brick face by nualabugeye, on Flickr

No comments: